Over the years there has been acceptance of new technology designed to improved the effectiveness of the Navy. Variable Depth Sonar improved the Navy’s ability to detect submarines. Steam has been replaced by gas turbine propulsion and weapons and sensors have seen dramatic change.
It is intended to make this page the home for the posting of items providing information dealing with advances in technology.
- To start, we have papers published in the Maritime Warfare Bulletin - Commemorative Edition, 1985.
- Tactical Data Systems & Data Link Development
- Marriage of the small Ship and the LARGE Helicopter
- Another advance is reported by a Financial Post article on the subject of missile detection;
- Three more papers have been added, authored by CNTHA Member Captain (N)(Ret’d) Jim Carruthers PhD, PEng.;
- SHINPADS-A New Ship Integration Concept
- SHINPADS-Shipboard Integrated Processing and Display System-June 1978
- This paper was published in the Proceedings of the Military Electronics Defence Expo’80 Conference, October, 1980. Ship System Integration and Local Communication Networks